We know you’re (probably) preparing to take your celebratory New Year’s dip in the ocean, but before you suit up, we’d like to float some year-end giving ideas past you.
Giving to Thrown Stone is safe, easy, tax-deductible, and unlike the Polar Bear Plunge, has never caused hypothermia. We even have a bunch of different options, so you can give in the way that’s most comfortable for you:
- Give on Facebook. We list this first because Facebook covers the processing fees for donations made on their platform. That’s great for us, because we get to put 100% of your gift into our productions — in the same way you’ll be submersing 100% of your body in Long Island Sound on Tuesday morning. They also make giving really easy.
- Give on our site. You can always give at thrownstone.org/donate. It’s quick and painless too, unlike touching 33° water with your bare skin.
- Shop our #CloseToHome Holiday Wishlist. Whenever possible, we do our shopping with the Ridgefield merchants who so generously support our work. So while you’re out looking for the perfect winter swimwear, throw a gift card in your basket for Thrown Stone!
- Shop our Amazon wishlist. Some of the gear we need isn’t in the local shops, but we grin and bear it. We also get a cut if you select Thrown Stone as your Amazon Smile charity (more info here). Amazon also allows you to shop with points — a great use of your miles if they’re expiring soon.
- Send a Check to Thrown Stone Theatre Company, PO Box 731, Ridgefield CT 06877. Did you know you could sponsor an intern this year? $1,750 covers their entire stipend, and you’ll be a guest of honor at Lunch With The Interns sponsored by Dimitri’s Diner! Honestly, this is going to be way more fun than the Polar Bear Plunge, and — bonus! — the ice water is free.
Thank you for remembering Thrown Stone in your year-end giving plans. We’d love to join you on the beach next Tuesday, but… we have rehearsal.