Way back in March (remember March?) we asked you to submit stories about “moments that changed everything.” Little did we know that we were already in the middle of just such a moment. Now that our 2020 season is postponed, we need to find a way to come together and share those moments. So we’re going virtual, and there are a few important adjustments you need to be aware of:
- The submission deadline is still May 22nd at midnight
- We’ve moved the performance date up to June 5th at 7pm
- Selected performers must be available for a virtual rehearsal and run-through on Friday, May 29th at 6pm
- This round of “Acts of Fate” will be limited to solo performances only
- Performers must have their own internet-enabled device with a camera
We hope this is an opportunity for you to reflect and express some essential truths about your experience of this moment. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
What was the moment in your life that changed everything?
Acts of Fate is a special event for writers. We are seeking short pieces to be performed live on on
Sunday, July 12th at 4pm, Friday, June 5th at 7pm.
Submissions are open to everyone and due by midnight, May 22nd. The theme is Acts of Fate: Moments That Changed Everything.
Ready to share a moment that changed everything? Please submit the form below, and we’ll be in touch.
We accept monologues, poetry, short stories and plays, memoirs, songs, dances, etc. In this round, we will accept solo performances only.
You need not be a published writer or professional performer to participate.
Pieces will be chosen based on the power of the stories and how they work together.
A Thrown Stone director will help guide and shape all selections.
- The shorter the better. Submissions must be no longer than 10 minutes when read aloud. Your piece may be edited at the discretion of the director.
- Pieces that clearly align to the theme will have the best odds of being chosen.
- If your performance requires special accommodation, please tell us your needs with your submission keeping in mind that pieces with minimal technical requirements are more likely to be chosen.
- Performers must attend a rehearsal and run-through on Friday, May 29th at 6pm. Do not submit if you are unavailable to rehearse.
- Write your name on your piece
- Attach your submission or paste it in the form below
REHEARSAL AND PERFORMANCE INFO
- Submissions deadline: May 22, 2020 at midnight
- Performance Date/Times: Friday, June 5th at 7pm.
- Mandatory Rehearsal: Friday, May 29th at 6pm
The submission period is now closed. Thank you for your interest in Acts of Fate.