What was the moment in your life that changed everything?
Acts of Fate is a special event for writers. We are seeking short pieces to be performed live on on Sunday, July 12th at 4pm, just after the 2pm performance of Annie Jump and the Library of Heaven.
Submissions are open to everyone and due by midnight, May 22nd. The theme is Acts of Fate: Moments That Changed Everything.
Admission is free for ticket holders of the July 12th matinee, and Acts of Fate writers/performers will receive one complimentary ticket.
Ready to share a moment that changed everything? Please submit the form below, and we’ll be in touch.
We accept monologues, poetry, short stories and plays, memoirs, songs, dances, etc.
You need not be a published writer or professional performer to participate.
Pieces will be chosen based on the power of the stories and how they work together.
A Thrown Stone director will help guide and shape all selections.
- The shorter the better. Submissions must be no longer than 10 minutes when read aloud. Your piece may be edited at the discretion of the director.
- Pieces that clearly align to the theme will have the best odds of being chosen.
- If your performance requires special accommodation, please tell us your needs with your submission keeping in mind that pieces with minimal technical requirements and no more than 2 performers are more likely to be chosen.
- Performers must attend a rehearsal, Sunday, June 28th, from 9am – 1pm; and one technical rehearsal on July 12th from 11am – 12 noon. Do not submit if you are unavailable at these times.
- Write your name on your piece
- Attach your submission or paste it in the form below
REHEARSAL AND PERFORMANCE INFO
- Submissions deadline: May 22, 2020 at midnight
- Performance Date/Times: Sunday, July 12 just after the 2pm performance of Annie Jump and the Library of Heaven.
- Mandatory Rehearsal: Sunday, June 28th 9am-1pm